Cool Bubble® – water quenched blown film lines
Compared to air cooled blown film lines, our water quenched Cool Bubble® lines extrude from the top down. The shock-like water quenching of the melt produces a film with an amorphous polymer structure, which imparts desirable properties such as elasticity, clarity, thermoformability, puncture and tear resistance. Applications for theses films are found, among others,
- in medical packaging (for example IV and blood bags)
- in food packaging (for example, vacuum bags, thermoforming bottom webs for meat and cheese packaging)
The heart of our Cool Bubble® lines is the vacuum-assisted water quenching chamber, which aggressively extracts the heat from the melt while supporting the bubble during the heat removal process.
We are among the pioneers of water quenched blown film lines. Our years of experience in this field allow us to offer systems with up to 13 or 17 layers.
From technical assistance on complete mechanical engineering solutions to installation and maintenance, with us you obtain everything from one source.
- Structures: 1 / 3 / 5 / 7 / 9 / 11 up to 13 layers
- Raw materials: PE, PP, PS, PET, PA, EVOH, PVOH, COC, EVA, EMA, Ionomer and others.
- Film thickness: 40 μ up to 1.000 μ
- Film width: 700 mm up to 2.400 mm double flat
- Capacity: 25 kg/h up to 2.500 kg/h
- Production speed: 30 m/min up to 100 m/min
- Excellent optical properties like transparency and gloss
- Outstanding deep draw thermoformability due to the amorphous polymer structure
- Exceptional softness or suppleness
- Meat and cheese packaging
- High barrier films for vacuum bags
- Thermoformed bottom webs like trays
- Medical applications like IV and blood bags